Monday, November 4, 2013

Segovia

On Saturday, Clark and I went to Segovia (a city located in Castilla de Leon).  It is located about 60 miles outside of Madrid, so we took a high speed train! It was my first experience with a high speed train.  The entire journey was over in 20 minutes! It felt just like a regular train, much to my disappointment.  However, it was nice to only be on the train for such a short amount of time to get so far.
Segovia was extremely interesting and breathtakingly gorgeous.  The city center is exactly what I picture when I think of Spain: old apartments lining the streets, cobblestone plazas, churches that look like they're about to crumble.  Some areas of Madrid have their Old Spain moments, but Segovia looked as if it could be 400 years ago and the buildings wouldn't look that different (minus the electrical signs, etc.).  I really enjoyed going and hope to maybe go back!
Here's a link to the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment