Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Salamanca!

First, I would like to apologize for the lack of posts recently (especially after I was doing so well).  I was a little busy and a little lazy! But alas, here is the first of three posts I will make today (hopefully I won't fall behind again soon).

A couple weekends ago, a group of six of us went to Salamanca for the weekend.  We used blablacar, which is a carpooling website where you pay a driver to take you to where they are heading.  It was a great experience!  I had forgotten how much I missed being in a car verses public transportation/buses.  We saw the Cathedral and climbed its tower, which offered fantastic sites of the city! There was also a convent/museum that was really interesting.


We went out on Saturday night to a famous street with several tapas bars.  The food was delicious and the drinks were great as well.  After getting tapas, we went to a bar and danced the night away.

Overall it was a nice chance to get away from the city and to enjoy another Spanish town.  I really liked Salamanca and can definitely see why so many students choose to study abroad there!


No comments:

Post a Comment