Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Alcala de Henares

Over the weekend Clark and I went to Alcala de Henares, which is a small town outside of Madrid.  It is also the birthplace of Miguel de Cervantes who wrote Don Quixote!  We went inside his childhood home and saw what a typical 16-17th century home might have looked like.  There was also an archeology museum which was quite fun, but also entirely in Spanish so it was a little challenging to understand everything! The town was very pretty, with lots of plazas and streets lined with restaurants and shops.  Alcala de Henares is also known for their sweets, so Clark and I stopped in a shop.  The treats were delicious! I'm having a hard time loading photos right now, so I'll  just leave the link to my facebook album here for anyone who wants to look at the pictures! (Click on the "here" and you should arrive at the album)

No comments:

Post a Comment