Thursday, January 16, 2014

Indian Food and Kids Being Weird

Clark and I often get Indian food.  There is a neighborhood near my apartment that has at least 10 Indian restaurants to choose from, making it very convenient for me to met him.  I hadn't been in a while, but we went back to our regular spot and the server recognized us.  He also has a 6 month old baby who's name I cannot pronounce, but she is beautiful and full of laughs.  Victoria (the other auxiliar at my school) joined us as well, and it was her second time every eating Indian food so that was a treat! As always the food was delicious and for 9.95€ I got a drink (Fanta), an appetizer (mixed pakora), an entree (chicken madras), naan, and a dessert (well I opted for an afternoon coffee)! After a very satisfying lunch, Clark and I headed back to my apartment and looked up flight information for the weekends up until our spring break.  We are trying to fit in as many trips as possible without breaking the bank! We already have a trip to Lyon, France planned for the last weekend in January, so we were looking at options after that.  We have tentatively settled on a couple of destinations that happen to be a little cheaper than normal including Paris and Dublin! Hopefully we will be able to get everything planned soon!
Moving on to the topic of school, a while back I taught some of the first graders how to play thumb wars.  They loved it! However, now every time I walk into class, at least one of them wants to thumb war with me.  In retrospect, maybe not my brightest idea, but at least they enjoy it!  Also they learn the British version of rock, paper, scissors which is scissors, paper, stone.  I thought it was so neat to see a few second graders playing it while they were waiting for the teacher.  They were even using the English version!
Lately I've noticed a lot of kids picking their noses.  There are several things kids do that make me wonder if they realize people can see them and this is one of them.  And if they aren't picking their noses, half of them have buggers sliding out their nostrils.  And speaking of noses, two kids had bloody noses today.  I thought that maybe the air was super dry, but it has actually been rather rainy the past few days.  So perhaps it was just a coincidence.  But when the second student got a nose bleed, the teacher had him bend over and put his head between his legs.  It was exactly the opposite of what I would have recommended, but I'll have to give it a try.  Maybe it works better! And after the kid got tired of this, he just shoved a tissue up his nose for the rest of the day!
The first graders were learning a difficult topic today.  So after several attempts the teacher let me hand out stickers to all the students for their hard work.  Juan (the troubled first grader I've mentioned before) first tried to convince me I hadn't given him a sticker.  But eventually he revealed the sticker.  A few minutes later, I saw him eat it.  These kids are an odd bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment