Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pet Peeves with Public Transportation

Seeing as I take at least one mode of public transportation every day, I have developed a few pet peeves.  Most of them concern entering and exiting the metro/trains (most entering).
So we are waiting at a station, and the train finally pulls onto the platform, yay! When you can see people need to exit, get out of the way.  The sooner they get out, the sooner you get in!  It really is not a difficult concept to understand.  Also when there is a crowd of people trying to get on and off, let's give the people exiting more space then a single file line.  Once again, it makes you, the people entering, have to wait longer.
So we have gotten to the point where everyone has exited! Congratulations.  Now, when you get on the metro/train, continue to walk past the doors allowing the herd of people behind you to enter as well.  Don't just stop.  I understand you'd like to be by the door, or that standing in the isle is not as convenient, however you chose to push your way to the front of the line which means you now have to be the furthest from the door.  That's how it works.  Which is why sometimes, I let everyone pass me so that I get on last and thus have the ability of standing next to the door.  If you enter before me, I should not be forced to shove myself past you.
We have officially gotten on the metro/train and now the doors are closed and we are moving!  Please refrain from listening to your music out loud or so loudly with your headphones that I can hear every single word.  Also, if you choose to play a game on your phone, TURN OFF THE SOUND! No one wants to hear how much candy you are crushing.
And at no point within the metro/train's perimeter (station, stairwells, elevators, the train itself) should you decide to make it your personal bathroom.  No one wants to see you relieving yourself and we certainly do not want to smell it.

No comments:

Post a Comment